Sat, May 20|
MeatFest - Chicken Wing Comp
Join us at the Resch Complex to show off your Chicken Wing cooking skills!
Time & Location
May 20, 8:00 PM – May 21, 4:00 PM
Green Bay, 820 Armed Forces Dr, Green Bay, WI 54304, USA
About the Event
Want to become a competitor for our 2023 Meat Smoking Competition? Follow this link to our 2023 Meat Smoking Competition.
Official Rules and Regulations
1. Entry fee will be $40 per team, fee will be used for prize money and team will have free entry into MeatFest
2. Competitors will be separated into 2 groups of competition at random, of 15 competitors each (maximum of 30 total competitors).
- 1st round will compete from 9:30am-12:00pm
- Final round will compete from 2:30 pm- 5:00pm
- Some contestants will cook in front of crowds, and some may not.
- People’s choice award will be announced around 12:30pm
- Final competition winners will be announced around 5:30pm
3. Prizes will be:
- People's Choice 1st place - TBD
- People’s Choice 2nd place – TBD
- Overall 1st Place – 50% of overall pot
- Overall 2nd Place – 30% of overall pot
- Overall 3rd Place – 20% of overall pot
4. People’s Choice winners will be determined by popular vote from MeatFest attendees. Final
prizes will be chosen by our 5 official judges.
5. Each contestant must turn in a total of 48 wings: a blend of drumettes and flats for the first round.
- Wings for smoking must be provided by contestants.
6. Each contestant must then turn in a total of 10 wings: a blend of drumettes and flats for the final round.
a. Wings for smoking must be provided by contestants.
7. All foods must come from a licensed establishment and maintain safe cooking temperatures.
8. Per Fire Code (Fire Inspector will be onsite at event to check compliance):
- Maximum space available is 15x25 ft
- No cooking devices allowed under any tents. All cooking devices must be at least 5 ft away from any tent.
- Must have a Fire Extinguisher available.
- Only one cook and assistant allowed under a tent at a time.
- All tents must be flame retardant and have no side walls on them.
- Flame retardant/noncombustible mats must be under cooking/food prep areas. Mats can be provided upon request. Requests not accepted after May 1st.
- Generators can be used in this competition, they need to be 20ft from buildings and tents, they also need to be surrounded by bike rack.
9. Contestants are responsible for providing all tables and cooking supplies.
- Tables can be provided for a fee.
10. Electric is available for a cost of $50
11. Contestants are responsible for clean-up of their own area
12. Any amendments due to food safety or event logistics made to competition rules and regulations will be discussed at the Cooks Meeting 9:00 AM on the day of the event, competitors will agree to said rules or forfeit entry.
13. Refunds will be given if the cancellation for competitors is made on or before May 1st.
14. No Lewd or indecent language or conduct, this will mean expulsion from competition.
15. No carry-ins (Food or Beverage) other than materials needed for competition