Join us Saturday, June 17th, 2023 for the Third Annual BBQ Bash@Outagmie Conservation Club in Hortonville, WI
2023 MSCWI Competition Notes and Rules
Rib Competition Entry Fee: $60, $50 if paid by 4/30/23 or $40 if paid by 3/31/2023
Payout is 100% of entry fees. Payout as follows:
1st place is 50%
2nd place is 35%
3rd place is 15%
This will be determined by people's choice judging.
There will also be a judged portion of this comp this year for trophies.
Rib Comp Rules:
1. Contestants will provide their own ribs for turn-in. Contestants must have a minimum of four (4) racks, but may make as many as they wish.
2. Ribs are to be spare ribs, but they may be trimmed to St. Louis if the contestant so choses.
3. Ribs can be brined or seasoned prior to arrival, but cooking must take place on premises.
4. We reserve the right to spot-check meat at any time.
5. Turn-in container will be provided for judged portion of five (5) bones.
6. Spaces are limited to 10'X10' - Let us know if you need more space.
7. Electric spots are limited. If you need power but can't supply your own, contact us to discuss.
Dad and Lad Sandwich Comp
Entry Fee: $20
Open to anyone under the age of 18.
1st Weber kettle grill
Judging: Judging for the sandwich comp will be done by a group of 3-5 judges depending on the number of contestants. They will be selected by raffle drawing. Anyone wishing to be a judge can buy a ticket for $5 and be entered in for the chance to be a judge. Ticket cut off will be 12:30 PM day of competition.
Sandwich Comp Rules:
1. Open to anyone age 18 and younger
2. Must turn in 12 portions for judging
3. Can be any sandwich - does not have to be grilled or smoked.
Check-in and Turn-in For Competitions
Check in will begin at 8 AM with a cook's meeting and meat/ingredient check. Turn-ins will be 3:30 PM for ribs and 1:00 PM for sandwiches.
General Admission is Free - Open to the public 10-5
No Carry-ins Please